Essays & Reviews
Essays on writing and publishing, book reviews, and quick takes on new books by editor and author Carole DeSanti.
Essays & Reviews
- “Why is American book publishing so white?” The Guardian (Books blog), December 2, 2014.
- “Publishing: Is There Anything Left to Save?” Women’s Review of Books (Women = Books blog), January 2014.
- “The Best of the Best Books Lists.” The Huffington Post (The Blog), December 31, 2013.
- “Women's History Month Spotlight: Advice From the 19th Century, on Loneliness and Doubt, Horses, Vacuum Cleaners and the Nature of Time.” The Huffington Post (The Blog), May 28, 2013.
- “The Old Mystique, and The New.” The Huffington Post (The Blog), April 28, 2013.
- “Inklings: Pesky Distinctions.” Shelf Awareness: Daily Enlightenment for readers, Issue 81, Friday, Mar 30, 2012.
- “To the Question of Fantine (and Anne Hathaway).” The Huffington Post (The Blog), March 8, 2013.
- “Townies: The Future, in a Past Life.” The New York Times (Opinionator blog), June 28, 2012.
- “The Haunted Room” (PDF). Women’s Review of Books, 26, no. 1 (January/February 2009).
- “The Real Camille” (PDF). Women's Review of Books, 31, no. 1 (January/February 2014): 24-25. Review of Julie Kavanagh's The Girl Who Loved Camellias: The Life and Legend of Marie Duplessis.
- “A Law Named After a Woman” (PDF). Women's Review of Books, 28, no. 3 (May/June 2011): 9-10. Review of Caren Irr's Pink Pirates: Contemporary Women Writers and Copyright.
- “Scribbling Women.” Women's Review of Books, 26, no. 4 (July / August 2009): 5-7. Review of Elaine Showalter's A Jury Of Her Peers: American Women Writers from Anne Bradstreet to Annie Proulx
- Literary Fiction Staff Picks. Penguin Blog.